Tuesday, January 4, 2011

On election, Arroyo and COMELEC

On election, Arroyo and COMELEC
Posted in Facebook on Friday, July 31, 2009 at 3:14am

I want to put into words my opinion regarding this article I read
while I was on leave. My father has a lot of old newspaper and his
keeping a pile of issues from January 2009 to date. His addiction to
Lotto makes him do that.
 
Anyway, time as they say, moves fast...it really does. Few more
months and
 we will have the Presidential election. Time to
CHANGE...but future only holds the answer if it is a CHANGE FOR THE
BETTER, OR FOR THE WORSE AMONG THE WORST. Many people are hoping and crossing their fingers, I myself am. That somehow this upcoming election will end the DARK ERA. I know that's a little overrated saying that but its true. At least to me and to others who believes it. 



So Arroyo Regime will come to its end? Maybe.  However, let us face it,  it is not going to be that simple for we all know that the current administration will not give in easily.
I have watched the news every single morning after work and before I
go to sleep. Then there's our
 humungous issue on CON-ASS and
the unending stories heard over the grapevine that if the people will speak and before even a new president will even be picked, the Regime will declare Martial Law. Call it the Lady version of Marcos.


It seems that we are all left hanging  high and dry on what’s it going to
be. We
 do not even know if there will really be an Election, so to
speak. Funny because even 
COMELEC does'nt  even have the answer
if it is going to be a full-automated polls, partial automation or we are all
going back to Stone Age ways , the manual polling. And Lord knows
what is going to happen next.
 We will just have to seat back and tighten
our
 seatbelt for the worst is yet to come.

On the other hand,

It really is something to be proud of that after all this
 worldwide
economic crisis and Political instability, there are still
individuals and organization whose sole focus is to bring public
awareness. Much of this organization reached out to every Filipino
thru Media, catching our attention by means of Musicals about
freedom and peace, on being a Filipino, and some organization
whose more focused on their call to every Juan to intervene in all
events about politics and to practice their right to vote come hell
or high water. They particularly appeal to youth to participate in
elections, from voter registration to making sure that they are going to
fulfill their right to vote. Indeed it is a great advocacy, and real money was shed out to have the message delivered across the border. They somehow fell short of letting the people know that  

the campaign should be about  PEACEFUL AND CLEAN ELECTION.
 Isn’t that what we REALLY wanted? Or it is just another cliché...mere party talk...I guess its just another network rivalry. "Pagandahan ng advocay," this time.


Who would stand up bravely and lead the people for what we truly deserve? I think we all need to
 coz nobody else will. 2004 Election was a tragedy, a big blow to Philippine history. The whole country was in chaos and people whose got common goal was divided. Our country was again the object of scorn, indeed, that year was something ludicrously futile. And what's worst, the whole world was watching! 


Should we let it happen again? When are we going to get tired? I am, but
 I’m just a small voice...I know I am not a nobody and I know I can make a difference....My question is whose with me and how are we going to do it? Will other people allow us to make this difference? I do not know...I’ll start from this writing.... 


CHiLLi

No comments:

Post a Comment